Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One Hour, eh?

I typically think of fun blog topics in the car. Don't ask me why. And by the time I get to a computer to transcribe my thoughts, they are gone.

Fortunately, this one came to me at my desk, as I sit here ordering photos of my beautiful new niece. (Naturally, not doing WORK at 10:30am)

I have an issue with one hour photo. I have no patience, so on one hand, it is a blessing. But my photos are never actually ready in an hour. It's not like I get to the store and they aren't ready. (Thank God for that) The website openly and willingly tells me that I'm gonna be waiting 2 hours and 17 minutes. I personally feel that I should get a discount on my inflated Impatience Rate of 19 cents per print. After I hear that my wait time has doubled (sometimes tripled), I would assume that the line to pick up the pictures at Walgreens is around the block. Am I wrong to think that they are incredibly busy and can't get to my pathetic 7 prints in an hour? So when I show up, and the guy behind the counter is texting someone while eating lunch from Subway, and there is NO ONE else in line, I tend to get a little angry.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Procrastination said...

not to mention that if you simply ordered your 7 prints from an online store that would ship them to you, because the package is so small they would arrive in a mere day or two, something to ponder....

Anonymous said...

I actually agree with you on this, in fact I will take it one further. On 2 occasions I have done the one hour thing online, waited the two hours, arrived at the store to observe the before mentioned freckle faced kid, who has no account of my order, i have now conceded and brought a thumb drive with me so when this happens i can use one of the machines there....ridiculous.