Thursday, May 15, 2008

Furniture is EXPENSIVE!

Gearing up for our housewarming party (6 months after we move in...)

In order to make our house more presentable, Mike and I have been out buying more furniture. Because the $700,000 we spent in the last 6 months in furnishings isn't cutting it, apparently.

First we head to Ikea. Mike has been itching to get the office in working order, so the best place for organizational shelves, etc would be the Swedish superland of furniture. After a couple hours of hemming and hawing, we leave several hundred dollars poorer, get home at 9pm, and still have energy left over to put all of the pieces together. So now we have a wall of nice, new, pretty dark wood shelving and Mike's monstrosity of a desk.

Last night we headed down to Milford, DE (yes, near the beach) to pick up porch furniture from some crazy lady I found on craigslist. After some research into porch furniture, I found that there was no way I could afford to buy new. A brand new set of what I wanted (and let's face it, I will not settle) would have run us over a grand. My crazy lady furniture was significantly cheaper. The drive was long, but worth it. Now we have a ridiculous amount of sh-t on our porch. Final count is: 2 glass dinner tables and four chairs for each, wine rack, wicker set (including 2 chairs, a rocker, loveseat and table) and 2 chaise lounges. Oh, and a wheel barrow. I must be nuts.

Pictures coming soon!

4 comments:

Procrastination said...

you are nuts!

Cognitive Dissonance said...

sounds like you are now the crazy lady, when can I expect to see you on craigs list?

Christie said...

I've already posted stuff on craigslist. It's almost better than eBay!

Nichole said...

Furniture buying is expensive but so addictive, is it not?