Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Is Food Worth Its Weight in Gold?

Memorial Day weekend. A time of eating, drinking and relaxing.

I'm not one to go to a BBQ empty handed. I just can't do it. And while Mike has been known to be the 'beer guy', I do not want to get the reputation of being the only people to bring (and consume) booze at other people's homes.

So as I'm in the shower, prepping for said BBQ, I realize "Oh! We have nothing to bring!". What's quick, easy and delicious? 7 Layer Dip! So I rush off to So-So Fresh to purchase the goods (post-shower, obviously). 20 minutes later, I return home with no time to make the dip AND get ready, and $35 poorer. THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS for freaking dip?!?!?!? Mike and I can eat our weight in mexican at La Tolteca on $2.99 Margharita night for less than that!

Moral of this story is - stick to bringing the beer.

4 comments:

Procrastination said...

Feel free to bring beer to any event we hold and you will always be welcome in our house! we recommend Victory :)

Cognitive Dissonance said...

I don't mind drinking alone, so bring beer to my house

Anonymous said...

But it tastes so good...

Christie said...

It did taste damn good...I even made the guac from scratch.