Friday, May 30, 2008

Stinkhorn Elimination - Phase 3

Stinkhorns tend to grow in old woodchips. It just so happens, we have many a garden on our property that are covered in a thin layer of decaying old woodchips. Will wonders never cease...

Today we are having three cubic yards of new (non-woodchip) mulch delivered to the house. Do you know how much three cubic yards of mulch is? It makes a pile about 6 feet tall that covers half of our driveway - and our driveway fits two cars length-wise. Thats a lot of freakin' mulch. So the next several days will be filled with shoveling out old mulch, disposing of that, spreading new mulch and planting shrubs and flowers. I'm anticipating a lot of alcohol consumption during this process.

3 comments:

Cognitive Dissonance said...

I only wish I was your next door neighbor, so I could sit in my lawn chair drinking a beer watching you slave away.

Procrastination said...

I agree with the fat man!

Christie said...

I am disappointed to say that we overestimated how much 3 cubic yards are, and underestimated how much we actually needed. We had to go out and by 2 more bags, which still wasn't enough.