Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Case of the Missing Sock

Actually, I'm not talking about socks.

But I'm finding these past few weeks, that the missing sock phenomenon applies to more than hosiery. Specifically, tupperware. Just as socks find new homes at some point during the wash-dry-put away-wear cycle, these plastic containers sprout legs at some point during their wash-dry-put away-eat out of cycle and they run away, thereby leading to my fear of buying expensive tupperware. I'll admit, I'm harsh on my tupperware. I nuke it to its melting point. I fail to wash it completely between uses. I often leave some type of marinara soaked pasta sitting in it for months in the back of my fridge, staining it for life. But is that really a valid reason to skip town on me? I can confidently say that I bring 85% of my tupperware home from work. (hey...nobody's perfect) Mike CLAIMS he brings home EVERYTHING. So why is my tupperware collection at less than half capacity?

The mystery remains unsolved, and the case remains open for investigation.

4 comments:

Procrastination said...

I have a tupperware elf, her name is Brianna, she has discovered that her little self fit neatly into the tupperwear cabinet and neither the cabinet nor the tupperwear will ever be the same!

Christie said...

I doubt london is my elf. he has an affinity to plastic bags, not plastic containers.

Nichole said...

I wonder how it happens cause I am positive mine is breeding. Especially the lids! Perhaps yours are running away to my halfway house.

Procrastination said...

so where is your post about baby b?