Tuesday, June 3, 2008

True Love

Shout out to the BF.

With summer camp approaching and job prospects fading into the distance, my current goal of finding new employment is feeling very out of reach. So, I needed to find a new goal - which is to run the Philly distance run in September. Preliminary training began Sunday, with a nice 5 mile run around the Brandywine 'River'. Went very well except for the monster-sized and painful blisters that formed on the bottom of both feet.

Two days later, I come home to find a pretty little heart gift bag sitting on our bed. In it are three pair of retardedly expensive anti-blister socks! Now let's hope they work...

2 comments:

Procrastination said...

You are so my hero, Christie MOORE! Sorry about the name thing, and it is true you didn't get an invite in the mail, i was too cheap for postage. And your BF is pretty sweet, you should give him a kiss! I love that you run, and you are still my friend even though I am slower than dirt. I am pulling for your big run, I will even train with you, oh yeah, I won't but I will think about it when I start sleeping in next week. If you want to send me an exercise plan I will do my best to keep up with you but it must start with walking.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww!!! Nothing says love like anti-blister socks! When are we breaking those puppies in?!