Monday, June 9, 2008

Lonely Nights

I sit here listening to some malt shop classics - alone, because Mike is in NY for work - and I remember how I take my life for granted sometimes, (and I've had a couple of beers which always makes me a little sappy), specifically Mike. He puts up with all of my idiosyncrasies and my moodiness, which is more often than I would like, and who rarely ever seems to have a bad day. So nights like tonight, when I spent a good deal of girl time bitching about not having a ring yet, I feel terrible about myself. I have a beautiful house, that is essentially provided for me by Mike, who rarely says no to my wants, and provides for me, a lowly girlfriend, more than most husbands I know. So why is it that I am so focused on a ring and a wedding? Mysteries that may never be unraveled. One thing that is not a mystery though is that I love him to death and dread the nights he's gone (despite his snoring).

7 comments:

Procrastination said...

because marriage says, I really am going to grow old with you. I don't think you really care about the actual ring (although you DO like jewelry) as much as the symbolism behind the ring because you want to share forever with him. With that said I add..good things come to those who wait?

Nichole said...

I think it's programmed into our DNA code.

Anonymous said...

It's because we all have these ridiculous self imposed internal timelines that we think we have to live up to. It's not the ring, it's the title "fiance" which is shortly replaced by "wife". We all think we need to race to the finish line ya know? You met your prince charming :) Enjoy that! Let him spoil you and make lots of memories! With time everything else will fall into place :)

Christie said...

blah blah blah. you guys all suck. start emailing mike hints as to what kind of ring i want.

Christie said...

just kidding...sort of...

MRhé said...

Hey! Didn't know you had a blog (came via Dunndee). Will have to add you to the roll.

Procrastination said...

hello waiting for a new post here!