Monday, August 18, 2008

Camping and crabs

After battling through many obstacles, Mike and I were able to venture out into the woods for some R&R. Every time we settled on a place to camp, we would find out they were booked - apparently we were not the only one's with this idea. In the end, we found a place outside of Lancaster, that was pet friendly, and had availability.

Bailey in the tent

Friday consisted of lots of shopping (all of my camping gear is tucked away nicely in my parents garage/attic/basement). Food, tent, lantern, sleeping bag, etc. Followed by some bickering - Mike was antsy to get on the road asap because 'no one wants to set a tent up in the dark'. I took my sweet old time before we got on the road and then showed Mr. Pessimist how you put up a tent in 6 minutes flat. In the dark. HA.






Saturday was absolutely beautiful - we did some hiking, some swimming some reading, and then later, some fire building and marshmallow roasting. I LOVE S'MORES!! (I even managed to sneak in a run in the afternoon - not a long one though, since running in the mountains is f-en HARD!)

My kick-ass fire



Sunday was time to leave, but not before I whooped some a$$ in mini golf. :-)

All in all it was an awesome weekend - and now we have camping equipment and can go whenever we want!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Cute pics! You guys look like you're posing for some camping magazine :)

Cognitive Dissonance said...

sounds awesome! We will have to make a date to go with you guys one day.\

Maybe sons the dogs