Thursday, August 14, 2008

Chores can wait...right?

I'm torn between being the mature adult and tending to my responsiblities, and skipping town for the weekend with my man piece (and a pup).

Mike proposed heading to the Poconos this weekend for a 'camping' excursion. I say camping in quotes because we are going to end up getting a cabin, since we are dog-sitting Mike's brother's 11 year old lab, Bailey, and can't store her in a tent that will overheat if we want to go do a dog-fee activity.

I said yes to the weekend, sitting here thinking "But what about the garden that needs to be weeded, or the ivy that needs to be tamed, or the hallway that needs to be painted" etc etc etc. So much to do, so little time. But with summer dwindling down, I'm persuaded to put off all of the home projects - after all, that is what winter is for, right?

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Just go! The chores will always be there.